- Recognition of Customer's Expectation of Privacy.
We recognize our customers expect us to protect the confidentiality of their real estate, transactions and related personal information.
- Collection and Use of Customer Information.
We collect information regarding our customers when we believe it would be useful (and permitted by law) in handling their real estate transactions with us. Much of this information constitutes nonpublic personal information. This information may be collected from a variety of sources, such as the following:
- Information customers provide directly to us, such as a Social Security number;
- Information about a customer's real estate transactions or experience with us or our affiliates, such as closing costs and account information; and
- Information we receive from third parties, such as lenders or Realtors.
We use information regarding our customers for a variety of reasons including facilitation of real estate transactions, identification purposes in protecting a customer's real estate transaction and safeguarding against unauthorized access to customer files and information, identification of additional products and services that may be beneficial to a customer and identifying and mitigating potential risks or losses to us.
- Sharing of Customer Information with Third Parties.
Our policy is not to share nonpublic personal information about our customers or former customers with unaffiliated third parties except where permitted by law, such as:
- The information is provided to help complete a customer-initiated transaction;
- The customer requests the information be disclosed;
- The disclosure is required by or allowed by law, such as when the disclosure is made in response to a subpoena; and
- The disclosure is made to a reputable information-reporting agency.
- Sharing of Customer Information with our Affiliates.
We may share customer information with affiliated companies, including (a) information the customer provided directly to us such as social security number and contact information and (b) information we receive from third parties such as loan information provided by a lender. This information may be shared with our affiliates that may assist in processing customer transactions.
- Limitation on Access to and Protection of Information.
We authorize our associates to access customer information only in situations where a valid business reason for knowing such information exists. Our associates have a responsibility to keep in confidence what is given to them in confidence. Our operational and data processing systems are in a secure environment that protects customer accounts and transaction information from being accessed by unauthorized persons.
- Providing Privacy Information to Customers & Responding to Inquiries
We make our policy regarding confidentiality of customer information available publicly. Customers who have questions regarding our policy or the privacy of their customer information should contact us during normal business hours.